Wednesday 6 May 2015

OUGD603 Submission Boards Tutorial

We were able to sign up for tutorials to be prepared for the submission that was coming up so that we could see how much work we needed to do and how prepared we were.





To be prepared for the crit, alongside the briefs that I had already produced design boards for, I made some quick boards to show how far I had got with the rest of the briefs that I had been doing or been involved with.

I presented the design boards that I had produced so far alongside these boards so that I could get some feedback.
Design Board Feedback
I was really disappointed to be told that my design boards for the briefs I had done were completely wrong and I would have to re-do them. It was annoying to me because we had to go back to doing design boards like we had been in first year when in second year we had been told that was wrong and had learnt to make them more professional. Now I was being told that being taught that was wrong as well and I was incredibly frustrated. having said that, I know that my tutors were only saying that because they wanted me to get the most out of my boards. From this, I asked if I could have a follow up tutorial so that I could have a go at implementing all of the changes necessary, which included development and research pages and consistent layouts for all boards, and make sure that I had fulfilled the criteria necessary of my boards.


The following week, I went to the tutorial with boards done for two briefs, the first being my Parish Pub brief and the second some new boards for the Luxury Chocolate collaborative brief. I was told that these boards were much better as they showed the development of the work and how it became what it is. I was relieved to find that I was now presenting them in the way that was needed and I will be continuing to do this for the rest of my briefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment